This smoothie is one that I've been making for years. I've kept the recipe the same the whole time (it's so good, it doesn't need to be changed at all) and I drink this smoothie almost every single day.
This smoothie is ideally made with a high speed blender (I use a Vitamix, which remains one of my best purchases to date). I used to make it with a regular blender, but I found that I was often left with shreds of kale leaves.
Obviously smoothies are super versatile, so switch it up however you want! You're gonna want to stick to yellow/green produce if you want to keep the beautiful green colour of the smoothie - adding, for example, berries will make it a mucky brown colour. Still delicious but not nearly as visually appealing.
Equipment: high speed blender (or regular blender)
- approx. 1-2 cups nut mylk (I lean more towards 2 cups because I like my smoothies super liquidy. And I've been using oat mylk lately, but almond/cashew/soy/whatever works just as well.
- a couple kale leaves (remove the leaves from the stalk) ripped up. I like to go for 2 big leaves, or a few smaller ones.
- 1 banana
- 1 green apple (cut it up to remove the seeds - seeds in your smoothies will make them super bitter)
- approx. 1-2 cups frozen mango
- add all the ingredients to your blender in the order listed above
- blend until smooth
And that's it! Super easy. Of course if you want to get fancy you could add hemp hearts or protein/supplement powders etc. but I think this smoothie is delicious as it is.
Hope you enjoy! Cheers!